[Chicago-talk] Job opportunit(y|ies)

Jim Thomason thomasoniii at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:44:28 PDT 2005

We (that would be, Edison Schools) are possibly looking for
programmers. We have up a job posting for a software consultant
(http://jobs.perl.org/job/2583), but I'm also just bypassing that and
cutting through the standard HR silliness and posting here, in an
unofficial capacity.

What are we looking for? Bugger all if I know for sure. Since we're
close to the end of the fiscal year, we don't have a clear idea of how
many people we're hiring, but we still want a jump on it. We may like
to skew towards a contract-to-perm "try before we buy" situation, but
it all depends.

The specifics are, best as can be provided briefly here by me, we want
someone that develops perl web applications. Big stuff. OO, SQL
backends, web applications. Small scripts, occasional hacking, little
projects probably won't cut the mustard. There would be a test before
bringing you in, if all parties were interested.

Level? Probably more in the senior-to-lead level-ish range, but we may
want some junior-mid level people as well (see earlier paragraph, re:
"Bugger all").

The short schtick about the company is we have a small office in
Skokie that is mostly left alone by corporate HQ in New York. Close
knit group, everybody (usually) gets along, fun place to work. Since
we write software used in schools, things do get kind of hectic in the
fall, but our users also have a bedtime, so the rest of the year
averages out.

So if anybody out there is interested on working on a big, internal
perl app in Skokie, drop me a note and ask me what you'd like to know
(or on AIM @ thomasoniii)

-Jim.....