[Chicago-talk] h2xs & subversion equal looong paths

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Wed May 25 05:46:39 PDT 2005

Andy Lester wrote:
> First, stop using h2xs and use Module::Starter.

<Non Combative> outside of the fact that you built Module::Starter,
what's the big difference?

> Second, you can check out your Subversion project into whatever
> directory you want, so you can, if you want:

Yes

>    svn co file:///svn-repository/Finance-Quote-CBOE fqc
>
> and it will check out into directory "fqc".

And still end up with: ~/sand/fqc/trunk/lib, which, granted, is less
keystrokes but, I'm still a bunch of directories down, but I suppose
that's probably going to be unavoidable, unless I move trunk up, like I
mentioned.

> Finally, there's no rule that says that Finance::Quote::CBOE's pm file
> has to live in lib/Finance/Quote/CBOE.pm.  You can move it to
> lib/CBOE.pm and adjust the places that checks for it.  See modules like
> Test::Memory::Cycle for an example.

I will look at Test::Memory::Cycle

thanks
Jay