[Chicago-talk] h2xs & subversion equal looong paths

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Tue May 24 19:00:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I was hoping someone here had a better structure or method to pass on to
me.  I'm using subversion and when I build a module with h2xs I end up
with gigantic paths.

Subversion "red book" recommends the:

project
    -trunk
    -branch
    -tag

structure

add that to what h2xs creates for my module Finance::Quote::CBOE.  And I
end up having to cd to:

~/sandbox/Finance-Quote-CBOE/trunk/lib/Finance/Quote

just to edit my file CBOE.pm file (as well as having to add
~/sandbox/Finance-Quote-CBOE/trunk/lib to my PERL5LIB for testing)

If I'm building a couple of modules, I end up jumping around the
filesystem like a mad-man.

I was thinking about swapping trunk and project so it would look like:

trunk
   prog_1
   prog_2
branch