[Chicago-talk] CPAN force install through API

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Thu May 5 08:05:40 PDT 2005

> }perl -MCPAN -e 'force install BSD::Resource'  (doesn't force)
> perl -MCPAN -e'force("install","BSD::Resource");'
> should do the trick.

That's actually the same as above. But I did it with the quotes and parens just to be
sure. Same result. Doesn't force.

It turns out I was being killed by an out of date Perl/CPAN on the server I was testing
on. I was testing on the Perl 5.8.1 that ships with Mac OSX, and for whatever reason
force has no effect on that. But if I use my custom compiled perl 5.8.6 on OSX, then the
force works.

Thanks for your help.

JT ~ Plain Black
ph: 703-286-2525 ext. 810
fax: 312-264-5382
http://www.plainblack.com

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.