[Chicago-talk] PLESE HELP. TCP server.

Richard Reina richard at rushlogistics.com
Tue Jul 19 13:16:07 PDT 2005

Dear Randal,

I am very greatful for your very knowledgable input.
Thank you very much for responding.

> Richard> Because I have no clue what I'm doing.
>
> If you have no clue what you're doing, why are you
> writing client/server
> stuff from scratch?

On page 604 of the Perl CookBook it sais:

"or create a socket by hand for better control"

it did not seem like it was much more trouble -- and
only a few more lines of code --than using than
use IO:Socket, so off I went.

Was this a misguided decision on my part?

Why not use HTTP, and use the
> existing modules?

I'm looking up HTTP in my perl books right now.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
 -Dwight D. Eisenhower.