[Chicago-talk] Config file parsers

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Jul 5 20:54:14 PDT 2005

> Michael Graham wrote:
>>> There are about a 1000 config file parsers on cpan.  Can anyone
>>> recommend one that:
>>>
>>> 1) uses few (or no) prerequisite modules
>>> 2) in heavy use and is maintained.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on the format I should be heading toward (ini, apache,
>>> xml, yaml...)?

Different approach: use NEXT::init to configure the
thing via modules. Basically the configuraton can
become a layerd hash w/ perly syntax for however
deep you need the nesting to go.

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421