[Chicago-talk] Perl IDE

Troy Denkinger troy at whadda.com
Thu Dec 1 12:45:14 PST 2005

JT Smith wrote:

>I tried epic but it kept crashing Eclipse. I'm not sure if it's because I was using
>Eclipse 3.1 and EPIC hasn't put out a release in more than a year so there were
>incompatibilites or what.

No problems with latest Eclipse and EPIC 0.3.12, which is the latest
"testing" release.  It's been at least as stable as UltraEdit, which was
my prior editor of choice.  As an all-purpose editor, Eclipse is not a
good choice, but for an IDE feel on Projects, it has what I need without
getting in my way.  It's obvious, I'm sure, that my primary work is done
on Windows.

I like vim, I really do.  And I'm sure I'd love to code in it once I
bothered to get over the learning hump.

Regards,

Troy