[Chicago-talk] Perl IDE

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Thu Dec 1 08:47:21 PST 2005

> I tried out Eclipse's EPIC for a while (since I use it for Java dev --
> it has excellent emacs keybindings :). It was pretty impressive, but I
> was stymied by some annoying @INC issues.  But that was for a weirdly
> structured mixed-language project, and probably isn't representational.

I tried epic but it kept crashing Eclipse. I'm not sure if it's because I was using
Eclipse 3.1 and EPIC hasn't put out a release in more than a year so there were
incompatibilites or what.

So far I think that Komodo is pretty much the big winner, except vim of course. I'm
going to try to force myself to use Komodo for a week, but it's so hard since I'm so
used to vim. =)

And Emacs is for losers. =) Just kidding.

JT ~ Plain Black
ph: 703-286-2525 ext. 810
fax: 312-264-5382
http://www.plainblack.com

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. ~ Adam Savage