[Chicago-talk] MIME Decoder?

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 9 13:36:36 PDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 12:57:29PM -0500, Stephen Starkey wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good MIME Decoder package?  I'm writing a tool
> that stores emails into a database and needs to extract the text
> contents out no matter what format it's in.  However, the
> MIME::Decoder package doesn't seem to be able to extract any contents
> out, no matter how I send the content into it.  Another note: all the
> libraries I've been trying have had a bent toward decoding to disk,
> but I need to do everything in-memory.

Wouldn't you want to use MIME::Parser rather than MIME::Deocder directly?
It's been a while since I looked at it, but I believe you can subclass
MIME::Pareser::Filer such that MIME::Parser extracts parts into memory.
I recall Filer being one of the more annoying bits of MIME::Tools,
but it's a pretty complete library.

--
Greg Fast
gdf at speakeasy.net