[Chicago-talk] Hello Chicago.pm's people (I''ve just join the group)

Komtanoo Pinpimai komtanoo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:57:30 CDT 2004

Hello,

       I have just arrived in Chicago for 3 weeks(I'm from Thailand)
for a master degree in computer science.  I'd used perl to compelete
my daily tasks 2-3 years ago, but now I'm starting to learn c++ and
forget most of Perl's systax but still understand its paradigm. Well,
I'm waiting for perl6 on parrot, I've read some of their spec. and
felt excited with the awesome improvements.
       My experiences of perl are in module creation and OO perl,
networking, socket and lwp, 5.00503thread and ithread, a lot of
modules, to name as much I can remember, Ah.... I've successfully done
2 or 3 projects with pair programming along with friends and
colleagues, I can help you debug programs. :)
       I own a gentoo box where I do some programming stuff and a
windows2000 laptop. The uname -a of  my gentoo shows:

Linux wongwai 2.4.20-gentoo-r7 #3 Mon Aug 23 21:01:46 ICT 2004 i686
Pentium III (Coppermine) GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

and perl -v shows:

This is perl, v5.8.5 built for i686-linux-thread-multi
bla bla bla...

       What am I impressed in this pm group is not only do people ask
questions and answer or establish meetings but also involve in some
programming projects, like, HTML::Tree or the palanx, (I still have no
idea what they are..).

thanks for letting me introduce myself...

-Kem.