[Chicago-talk] perl pretty-printing tools?

Greg Fast gdf at speakeasy.net
Wed Sep 8 14:06:33 CDT 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 11:36:58 -0500, Leland Johnson <easyasy2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> On a similar note, I use perltidy from CPAN to make all my files
> uniform when I'm editing them. It makes tab-stops, bracket &
> parenthesis syntax all the same. I've only used it once on my code,
> when I wanted the project I started learning perl with to actually
> look reasonable, after not knowing how to make perl look nice and
> screwing with tab-stops in VIM.

I think perltidy is pretty close to what I'm looking for, especially
since it's just a perl module (maybe we should phalanx him into
putting it up on CPAN).  I'm going to try writing a blosxom
(http://blosxom.com) plugin to autoformat perl, which this should work
nicely for.

I'm not really interested in the tidy part of it right now, just the
html generation part of it.

Greg Fast