[Chicago-talk] Getting compile options from old perl install & other admin questions

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Sun Oct 17 13:13:01 CDT 2004

-- Jay Strauss <me at heyjay.com>

> Komtanoo Pinpimai wrote:
>>> - How do I make it so that after this install, then when I have to
>>> install the next version, I don't have to reinstall every module from
>>> CPAN?  Since the perl path is, after installing 5.8.5 is:
>>

>> try, autobundle ..
>>
>> http://www.usenix.org/publications/login/1999-12/features/cpanic.html

You don't have to if you copy the exiting ones: version-specific
lib's will be in ./lib/<version>$ ls /opt/perl5/lib, e.g.

	$ ls /opt/perl5/lib;

	5.8.4  5.8.5  site_perl

Easiest way to do this and not have the perl exec's overwrite
one another is to cpio your old lib directory into the new one
then run the install (or just install 5.8.5 over 5.8.4). You
may run across a few lib's that need rebuilding but those can
be handled one at a time later on.

--
Steven Lembark                                       85-09 90th Street
Workhorse Computing                                Woodhaven, NY 11421