[Chicago-talk] Downloading a file via WWW::Mechanize

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Fri Oct 1 23:58:07 CDT 2004

Andy Lester wrote:

>>> Can I download a file via WWW::Mechanize?  Specifically I'm trying
>>> to get quotes from the CBOE site.  They now offer a comma separated
>>> file, available for download.
>> Helloooooooo, anyone out there?
> I figure if I wait long enough, you'll read the docs.
> xoa

I just don't see how to do it in my instance, I can't use $mech->get
because its not a uri, its a form I need to fill out, then push the
download button, after which I download a form.

I've been messing with the below to no avail

use WWW::Mechanize;
my $url = "http://www.cboe.com/DelayedQuote/QuoteTableDownload.aspx";

my $mech = WWW::Mechanize->new();
$mech->get( $url );