[Chicago-talk] building a distro

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Tue Nov 9 14:03:45 CST 2004

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:52:10PM -0600, Jim Thomason (thomasoniii at gmail.com) wrote:
> Is there a slick module that exists that'd help me make up one of
> those things? Or do I just need to create my own? I'd poke around at
> existing distros that interact like this, but I can't remember any off
> the top of my head. :( Maybe I'm just thinking of the perl installer
> itself....

Yes, Module::Starter.  It does everything The Andy Way.  Then, RJBS came
along and added a bunch of templating and extensability to it.

But right out of the box, you can say

  module-starter --module=Basset --author="Jim Thomason" \
      --email=jimbo at jimandkokasworldoffun.com

and have a working distro, with starter tests and everything.

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance