[Chicago-talk] alternatives to Getopt::Long

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Mon May 10 23:44:39 CDT 2004

> Searching CPAN for 'Getopt' yields 39 modules.  There Is More Than One
> Way To Do It.  And all I'm asking is if anyone knows if any of them does
> what I'm describing.  (Presently, I'm looking at Getopt::Declare,
> which apparently permits the following:
>
>         -pages 1
>         -pages 1 2 7 20
> 	--window <height> x <width>
>
> It's written by some Australian guy you probably haven't heard of.)

Unless Damian has a twin, this is a really, really old module that
has some serious bugs and hasn't been maintatined for quite a while
(unless he's gone back and played with it recently). You might want
to eyeball it closely before using it in any production situations.

--
Steven Lembark                           9 Music Square South, Box 344
Workhorse Computing                                Nashville, TN 37203