[Chicago-talk] my my if nothing

matt boex chimcentral at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 10:41:09 CDT 2004

i hope Apache::Registry doesn't go away soon.  i built my site using it and find it to be extremely fast and easy.  just one guys opinion.

mb

"Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

>> Well, were you using Apache::Registry?

Greg> Yes, I was. I guess that's what I tend to mean when I say
Greg> "under mod_perl".

Most serious work under mod_perl is not with Apache::Registry, so I
never assume. For example, nothing on my web site is
Apache::Registry, and yet the entire site is served with mod_perl.

The Apache::Registry hack surrounds your CGI.pm-compatible script with

package Some::unique::name::here;

sub handler {

[your script here;
all of it;
and then some;]

}

And then invokes that request at the right time. It's the nested
named-sub-within-named-sub-that-can-see-my-variables that's the
problem, not the block with the my variable.