[Chicago-talk] GD::Graph

Wiggins d Anconia wiggins at danconia.org
Wed Mar 10 14:18:19 CST 2004

> ed,
>
> sure.  it's pretty simple.  the data that i am importing from tempfile
is the output of "uptime", 41,000 times.

[snip code]

> my $format = $my_graph->export_format;
> open(IMG,">load.png") or die $!;
> binmode IMG;
> print IMG $my_graph->plot(\@data)->png;

In the above to string the method calls together the have to return the
object. 'plot' does not appear to return the GD object but instead a
boolean return result therefore you have to break the two method calls
apart.  Which is why it was giving you can't call method 'png' on
undefined value, 'plot' is returning an undefined value (aka success).

HTH,

http://danconia.org