[Chicago-talk] Problem with installing Curses module

Emil Janev ejanev2 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 12:55:53 CDT 2004

Joseph,

Thanks for this information. Almost two months passed since I posted the original message on
Chicago.pm list.

> > Try changing Perl_sv_isa() to sv_isa().  It should work.  If so, you may
> > post this to the list.

What your talking in this posting was true from me. Actually I was pointed to this solution
upon my posting on comp.lang.perl.modules.

> > Also let me know, although I may have figured it out already.  Thanks.

I tried the installation after changing Perl_sv_isa() to sv_isa() ( Curses.c ), and installed
succesfully Curses.pm on cygwin and Fedora 1.

> > I found this by doing a gcc -E on Curses.c ... now I am looking for WHY this
> > should be, and what
> > the CursesFun.c errors are.
> >
> > Joe Yao
>
> Apparently the CHANGLEOG lists among the last changes, changing all
> instances of Perl_sv_isa() to sv_isa() ... and they missed one.  I
> don't know why it took until now to start surfacing.  The Perl_sv_isa()
> macro apparently is identical to sv_isa() in non-threaded installations
> of Perl, but different under some threaded installations.
>
> --
> Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
> OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B
>    This message is not an official statement of OSIS Center policies.

I had in the meantime more bussy time at work than usual. While I autoresponded my posting on
"comp.lang.perl.modules" that I succeeded to install Curses.pm, I forgot to update
"Chicago.pm".

Sorry about that.
Hopefully if someone come upon the same problem, will find this information usefull.

Regards,
Emil