[Chicago-talk] new camelbones (0.2.1)

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Thu Jan 29 10:26:27 CST 2004

On Jan 29, 2004, at 10:01 AM, Ed Summers wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 07:31:35AM -0800, Jim Thomason wrote:
>> Actually, speaking of this, is anyone interested in
>> hearing a talk on using the camelbones framework? It's
>> a bit more of a speciality talk (only the OS X people
>> would care), but I'd be willing to do one. Of course,
>> I'd need at least a month or two to actually learn the
>> frameworks better, but since I already know perl and
>> already know objective-c with the cocoa frameworks for
>> OS X, it's fairly straightforward to me.
>
> Hell yes. I don't even use a Mac and I'm interested :) I'm sure there
> are enough OSX users in chicago.pm to make this a great topic.

I second that hell yes, except that I do use a Mac. (I am replying to
this from my Powerbook G4 afterall)

And you are right...I should just learn ObjC. And I would, I just
haven't found any programs I need to write yet for the Mac that someone
else hasn't already written. Well except for a free replacement for
Word and Excel that doesn't suck. Yeah that's right I said it. Open
Office for the Mac sucks...in it's current form. I refuse to use a
program where I have to hit ctrl+s to save my document.

--
Paul Baker

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
          -- Philip K. Dick

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc