[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Wed Jan 28 20:05:50 CST 2004

> emacs/xemacs - They seem complicated is you have VI habits (at least this
> is true for me). I'll try to give them another chance though.

Most of the historic reason for using emacs was support for
multiple buffers and their never-having-to-leave-your-editor
mentality. Most of that has been subsumed by more recent vi-
derived code. Today you can have most of the fetures (depending
on whether you call scheme a feature or not) from vi's as from
emacs.

At that point it boils down largely to whether you prefer a
modal editor (vi) or not (emacs or X11 gui) editors.

                                            +1 888 359 3508