[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Wed Jan 28 00:31:33 CST 2004

> The biggest problem I have with vi is that eventually you start to
> expect everything to act like it... for example, I'll be in a browser
> window furiously pounding "j" expecting the screen to scroll down, or
> I'll try to :wq out of an email. :-)

use lynx.

I learned *NIX on a DEC keyboard (Ultrix). DEC's don't
have an ESC key. To this day I use ^[...

hmmm... most people will tell you how crazy modal
editors are. Watching how people use them, however,
it seems kinda like RPN: looks funny on paper but
it relly is how the human brain works.

                                            +1 888 359 3508