[Chicago-talk] Best perl editor on Linux?

Brian Moyles brian at comdotorg.com
Sun Jan 25 01:19:51 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 12:35:26AM -0600, Sachin Karol(skarol1 at uic.edu) wrote:
> >From a novice user's point of view, which is the best editor for perl? I
> have been using pico but can use help with color highlights of the
> syntax etc.

I was a pico user for the longest time, until one day I broke down and
worked with vi.  It seems unintuitive at first, but once you start using
it regularly, it begins to feel natural.  I don't know how, but it does :)
Vim is my fav. for editing Perl, Python, or anything.  If you're looking
for something a bit more GUI, check out Komodo from ActiveState.  Neat
product, and their regular expression module can be very handy for seeing
how your regexps play out.

--
brian