[Chicago-talk] Passing args to cpan

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Sun Jan 18 20:22:59 CST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to install Inline::Java via cpan (cmd line)

But when I run:
cpan> install Inline::Java

I get:
Welcome to the Inline::Java installation procedure.

A Java 2 SDK is required to install and use Inline::Java. Please
specify your Java 2 SDK installation directory using the J2SDK
option to Makefile.PL as such:

    perl Makefile.PL J2SDK=/path/to/your/j2sdk/installation
Running make test
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, maybe interrupted? Won't install

I know how install this manually, but how would I do this inside the cpan
utility?

Thanks
Jay