[Chicago-talk] Apache::Session - Cookie Question

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 24 22:03:33 CST 2004

Figured it out, after re-reading CGI::Cookie perldoc, I added -domain in
the cookie creation component of RT.  I tried this in my local server at
home, but the $r->header_out() would not create the cookie when I added
-domain.  I logged into work and tried on the production server and it
worked.  The cookies all have the same domain name, so all the cookies
are passed by the browser.  When I am on my server at home, the host
defaults to localhost, so I thought the browser would pass all the
cookies that had the 'host => 127.0.0.1'.  I tried setting the domain to
my servers hostname which would work with the cgi_test prog, but like I
said earlier the mod_perl's $r-header_out would not set the cookie
whenever I set the -domain.  Forgive my rambling, I spent hours on this
and turns out my test environment was hindering my success.  I'm just
happy the damn thing works now. =)

                          STH