[Chicago-talk] Perl Style

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 17:47:07 CDT 2004

I used to be a die hard user of

  sub foo
  {
  }

then one day,

   sub foo {
   }
became my favorite.  I think it was Tim Bunce that converted me, I was
coding some 'C' for him, and to be consistent I was using this style and
started liking it.  I use it for Sql as well.

i.e.
   Create Table Foo (
   )

   or

   $dbh->selectall_arrayref(q{
       Select  blah
       From    foo
       Where   bar = ?
   }, undef, value);

  ...etc.

I never do this in Perl (I did when coding 'C'),

  if (value) { $a = 1; }

always,
  $a = 1 if value;

...anyway just my addition to the style thread...