[Chicago-talk] apache mod_perl sybase

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Thu Aug 12 19:30:28 CDT 2004

-- Shawn Carroll <shawn.c.carroll at gmail.com>

> Can anyone help?
> Apache 1.3.39
> Perl      5.6.1 single threaded
> DBD::Sybase 1.02
>
> We see the follow error intermitantly.  Some of the pointers I've
> found from goggle suggest maybe a multi-threaded issue, as do my DBAs.

Compile a copy of perl with -Duse_threads and see if that
fixes your problem. No reason to overwrite the existing
insatll, probably takes 20 minutes for a Configure -ds --prefix=...
and make all test install.

--
Steven Lembark                           9 Music Square South, Box 344
Workhorse Computing                                Nashville, TN 37203