andy at petdance.com
Mon Aug 2 00:24:35 CDT 2004
You know what I'd like us to think about? Not a full-blown YAPC, but
some sort of mini-convention, more social than tech.
Here's my wacky idea:
* Some weekend in, say, mid-February, far enough away from June/July of
* Weekend = Friday noon to Sunday night.
* Minimal tech: Maybe one or two talks a day. Lightning talks would be
* Family-oriented. People can bring the spouse(s) and kids.
* Held here in Chicago, or more likely, a suburb like Schaumburg or
Arlington Heights, so that people who want to deal with the city can,
and those who don't, don't.
* Emphasis is on what makes OSCON so great: The hallway sessions.
* Costs would be low, only including the actual costs.
* Announce it far enough in advance that people can plan. Mostly local
folks, of course, but who knows who else might show up? "Local" might
mean anything from Minneapolis to Detroit to Green Bay to Memphis.
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance
More information about the Chicago-talk