[Chicago-talk] REGEX question II

Jim Thomason jthomasoniii at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 08:00:53 CDT 2004

Piece of cake. Put it in a character set.

[\w\s/.]+

(being careful to escape that / if you're inside a
search-n-replace that uses / as its delimiters).

In short, brackets denote character sets and match any
character contained within them.

[a] matches a.
[ab] matches a or b.
[a\W] matches any character that is either a or a
non-word.
[a-z] matches a through z.

perldoc perlre for tons more info. I also strongly
recommend "Mastering Regular Expressions" from
O'reilly.

-Jim.....