[Chicago-talk] blessing horrors

Jim Thomason jthomasoniii at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 06:20:08 CDT 2004

>Seems to only happen if you 'predifine' a:
>$main::xxx

Precisely. Or a $::xxx first. That's what that thread
in the newsgroup was referring to.

>So why are you declaring the:
>$main::xxx
>
>in the first place?

Honestly? Dunno. More accurately, I'm not. Something
somewhere in the core of our software is sometimes
doing it (I won't bore you guys with the details) and
that hasn't been isolated yet (and now that I know
what's going on and can get around it, I don't know if
we'll take the time to isolate it).

I'm sure this little nugget of joy wouldn't be a
common occurance for most people, but it's still nice
to know about it.

-Jim.....