[Chicago-talk] next meeting (mon => tues?)

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Tue Sep 9 17:34:27 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, September 9, 2003, at 05:13  PM, Mike Fragassi wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Paul Baker wrote:
>
>> Which reminds me, Goose Island on Clyborn has wireless internet
>> throughout. And good food and of course...lots of Goose Island
>> mmmmmmmm...
>
> When contemplating new venues, the two fundamental questions have been:
>
> 1) Have they got a side room where we can turn the music off, that
> they'd
> let us take over on slow nights and/or weekend afternoons without
> charge?

Probably not likely, but I was thinking of it more for the "social"
type meeting if we took Ed's (I think it was Ed's) suggestion to have
two meetings a month, one tech orientated (with nice quiet room good
for doing tech presentations) and one social orientated (at a bar with
good food and beer).

> 2) How far is it from Metra and El stations?

Just a couple blocks north on clybourn from the north/clybourn redline
stop.

> Wireless is a nice perk, but not as important as these two.

Depends on who you ask. :-)

--
Paul Baker

          -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759