[Chicago-talk] OT: Grad School in Loop?

Jeremy Hubble jhubble at core.com
Mon Sep 8 21:18:38 CDT 2003

I completed the UofC program in one year, while working full time in
Arlington Heights.
This was back in 98-99, when the program had only recently started, so
things may have changed since then.

UofC technically requires a GRE; however, I was able to have that
requirement waived when I applied.
If you have a computer background, the UofC program only requires 9
quarters of classes.  (Otherwise, it requires an extra three-quarter
immersion.)

It has a pretty set group of classes that make up the program; however,
it is also quite liberal with allowing substitutions.  (I substituted a
law class for one of the courses)  There has also been talk of offering
courses downtown and on weekends.  I am not sure where that has
progressed.

The program had a strong focus on the practical application (very un-
UofC like)!  Even though it is a night program, there are some
advantages in getting to Hyde Park during the day.

Jeremy