[Chicago-talk] OT: Grad School in Loop?

Patrick Fleury pfleury at medicine.bsd.uchicago.edu
Mon Sep 8 16:54:44 CDT 2003

At 02:37 PM 9/8/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 02:04:03PM -0500, Chris McAvoy wrote:
> > Anyone have any opinions of the Computer Science Masters Programs
> offered in
> > the loop for 9-5'ers?  I know of Northwestern, DePaul, and IIT.  Any
> others?
> > Anyone go through these programs?
>
>I heard that Univ of Chicago has a 1 year Masters in Computer Science
>program on
>NPR this morning. Don't know anything about it though...
>
>//Ed

I don't think the U of C Masters Program could be completed in a year by
someone with a 9 to 5 job unless you come in with a _lot_ of knowledge.   I
think there is a lot of work involved.

On the other hand, I have sat in on some of the courses and I think the
teachers are, on the whole, very good.

You can find out about it at http://masters.cs.uchicago.edu/.

--PatF
PS: It's not quite in the Loop either.