[Chicago-talk] Bye bye Coogan's

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Thu Oct 23 09:20:19 CDT 2003

>Wow, this sounds ideal! Thanks very much for arranging this JT.

No problem.

>Now we need to brainstorm about potential tech presentations, and get things
>going in the Pit :)

I'm not sure it is even interesting to anyone, and it certainly isn't architecturally
significant, but I wrote a pretty popular content management system called WebGUI
(www.plainblack.com/webgui) entirely in Perl. There are about 5000 companies world-wide
using it, including some fortune 1000 companies like Brunswic Bowling, Mercury Marine,
Reuters News, and Adobe Systems. I could give some sort of a presentation on that. We'd
have to define a somewhat narrow scope for the presentation, because a comprehensive
discussion would take a few weeks.

JT ~ Plain Black

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.