[Chicago-talk] Bye bye Coogan's

JT Smith jt at plainblack.com
Wed Oct 22 09:46:43 CDT 2003

Based upon the positive feedback I've gotten so far, I went ahead and got permission to
use the facilities. We have permission to use the facilities, with the following
conditions:

1) Someone from our office needs to attend every meeting held at our facilities. Two of
the people from our office are on the perl mongers list, so that shouldn't be a problem.

2) We will be able to use only a roped off section of the building rather than the whole
facility. The good news is that it includes almost everything we could want anyway. The
stuff included is:

The Pit (the presentation theater)
1 small conference room (can seat about 10-12) and has big white boards.
A couple of portable white boards
2 bathrooms
The pool and foosball tables.
Unlimited free parking.

3) Unfortunately we won't have access to the kitchen, or the big conference room.

4) The company reserves the right to revoke this spot as a meeting place at any time. So
basically if we start breaking things, they can kick us out.

If everyone can agree to those terms, and the location is ok for everyone, then we have
a facility.

JT ~ Plain Black

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.