[Chicago-talk] anyone work with perl2exe ??

Ed Summers ehs at pobox.com
Tue Oct 14 09:18:00 CDT 2003

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 12:28:20AM -0500, Walter Torres wrote:
> Anyone have any ideas?

Give PAR (Perl Archive Toolkit) [1] a try. I have not used perl2exe ($$$)
before, but I've had good success with PAR. Once you've installed it's a
simple matter of:

    pp -o out.exe src.pl

Note: If you want it to run in Windows environment you'll need to install PAR
and Perl in that environment since pp will build an executable for the
environment that it is running in.

PAR has tons of other cool features such as zipping up your .pm's into a
single file

    zip foo.par Hello.pm World.pm

and then being able to use them by just:

    use PAR;
    use lib "foo.par"
    use Hello;

Which wasn't your question, so never mind that :)

//Ed

[1] http://par.perl.org/

--
Ed Summers
aim: inkdroid

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers
write code that humans can understand. [Martin Fowler]