[Chicago-talk] Perl and CVS

Scott T. Hildreth shild at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 12 21:27:03 CST 2003

With CVS (as far as I know) you put an $Id: line at the top of the script
which gets filled in with person who checked it in, version, date when the code is
commited.  So in perl put,

#$Id: $

at the top of your code.

I don't know about having it replace the $VERSION, unless you parsed the CVS Id line
in a BEGIN block.

E-Mail: Scott T. Hildreth <shild at sbcglobal.net>
Date: 12-Nov-2003
Time: 21:22:06