[Chicago-talk] last night's meeting

matt boex chimcentral at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 22:15:52 CST 2003

i am not happy... couldn't go due to basement flooding...  is there an electronic copy of the presentation?

matt

Ed Summers <ehs at pobox.com> wrote:
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed last night's meeting. It was
great to see so many new faces (to me at least), with all sorts of levels of
Perl experience...and the new digs are truly nice. I learned lots
from Andy's talk about command line switches too (hadn't used -F and -a
before).

perl -a -F: -ne 'print "$F[4]\n";' /etc/passwd

Steven offered to talk about debugging Perl at the next meeting...Steven
could you send a brief summary of what you are going to cover for the website?

Afterwards I nudged Jonathan (hachi) about possibly presenting on POE [1], also
someone (I suck at names) who is working at Northwestern with bioperl [2] and
Genbank to do genetics work on particular kind of slime :)

Jason, Steven and I managed to find a nice pub up the road afterwards for a
few cold ones. Good fun, thanks JT and WDI for the new space.

//Ed

[1] http://poe.perl.org
[2] http://bioperl.org
[3] http://www.brunswickwdi.com/