[Chicago-talk] perl objects/references/modules

Mike Pastore mike at oobak.org
Tue Dec 16 15:28:48 CST 2003

Have you read MJD's "Coping with scoping?"

http://perl.plover.com/FAQs/Namespaces.html

Closures are basically a trick of scoping. Variables are scoped in such
a way that they are "privatized" to an anonymous subroutine.

If you're having trouble with objects and references, I highly recommend
Damian Conway's book "Object Oriented Perl." I have very few computer
books that I didn't have to purchase for class: Knuth, K&R, and Conway.
:-)

--
Mike Pastore
mike at oobak.org