[Chicago-talk] help with Reg Exp, pls...

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Dec 15 13:20:26 CST 2003

>>>>> "Walter" == Walter Torres <walter at torres.ws> writes:

Walter> I care because I don't want anyone to give me...

Walter>   Walte4 &ore3

Walter> as a name.

But what if his name is legitimately:

        Ri3ck Lahrson

Yes.  That was his name for many years.

I can't see a rule that would accept Rick and reject yours.

Walter> And this is part of a GPG-based app and we need it for security options.

Walter> This will be part of the email section (later).

Walter> That's why I care.

I *still* don't see why you care.

If I come up to you and say "my name is" and then whistle three tones,
you would be disrespectful to deny me that naming.

Just accept what's in there, and deal with it.