[Chicago-announce] Software Freedom Day

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Mon Jul 30 11:50:17 PDT 2012

(Forwarded from the LUNI list at http://groups.google.com/group/luni-announce-chicago?hl=en?hl=en)

Hi everyone,

FreeGeek Chicago, a community organization and hackerspace in Chicago
(http://www.freegeekchicago.org/), will be hosting this year an event on
September 15th celebrating the Software Freedom Day, a worldwide
celebration of user freedom (http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/). We
want to invite you and your community, LUG, family, and friends to
participate and help us make it an awesome day.

We are going to have the first organizational meeting on Saturday,
August 4th, 2012 at 1:00PM in FreeGeek Chicago located at 3411 W.
Diversey Ave., Basement, Chicago, IL 60647.

The goals of this meeting are:
- to define a plan for the celebration day (what exactly are we going to do)
- to draw up a plan of next actions
- to define and assign specific roles

Who should come to this meeting?
Those interested in:
- helping to organize a Software Freedom Day in Chicago
- giving a lightning talk
- teaching a class about FLOSS, programming, gaming on Linux, etc
- giving a demonstration/presentation on a distro or any other open
source software
- participating in a hacklab
- participating in an open source LAN party

Please, join us on Saturday, August 4th.

Spanish speakers are also welcome. Hablantes de español están bienvenidos.

Happy hacking!

Cecilia