[Chicago-announce] Postgres Open conference in Chicago, September 14-16, 2011

Andy Lester andy at petdance.com
Fri Sep 9 07:50:52 PDT 2011

http://postgresopen.org/2011/home/

Postgres Open features use cases, latest developments in the open
source database PostgreSQL, and a variety of speakers who will talk
about applications, database performance, and the current state of the
database market. Many of the speakers and attendees are Oracle, MS
SQL, Informix and MySQL DBAs who have recently converted to
PostgreSQL.

Our schedule is up at: http://postgresopen.org/2011/schedule/

We're also trying to bring Postgres *to* an existing open source and
database community in Chicago, and connect deeply with folks who
already use Postgres but maybe aren't in touch with key members of the
development community.

Our conference is a non-profit, backed by a 501(c)3, and has a program
committee made up of core PostgreSQL community members, experienced
speakers and myself.

We chose our city based on the number of books related to Postgres
that were sold there. Austin and Chicago are the two places that have
sold the most books, but have never had a Postgres conference located
there.

We'd love to see you at our conference. We're offering a $150 discount
for user groups:

http://postgresopen.org/2011/tickets/

Enter the following discount code: PUGLUV

Feel free to pass the code along to others in the local community.
Thanks so much, and hope to see you there.

-selena

--
Andy Lester => andy at petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance