[Chicago-announce] BarCamp Milwaukee 2, October 13-14, 2007

Nola Stowe mrnicksgirl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:38:05 PDT 2007

BarCamp Milwaukee 2, Saturday, October 13 through Sunday, October 14, 2007

   http://barcampmilwaukee.com/

Last year's event was great fun and we think this year will be even better.
We would love to have you come and spend time with us if you're available!

Where is it?
----------
BarCamp is happening at the Schlitz Park Center, 1555 Rivercenter Drive in
downtown Milwaukee, on the river's edge. I was in the meeting space the
other day and the whole Schlitz Park and 3rd Street areas are getting
revitalized. There's a great energy down there.

Here's a map to where BarCamp will take place:

   http://tinyurl.com/37udgp

What is BarCamp all about?
------------------------
It's a space and a place where people interested in learning and sharing can
hang out, and learn with others who want to learn and share.

BarCamp is a free event but there are also no passive attendees -- we
encourage everyone to share something with the group -- whether expertise,
knowledge, passion about a topic or simply helping out during the event.

   http://barcampmilwaukee.com/getting-started

How Much is it?
--------------
It's totally free! There will be food and camping space provided for
attendees who need a place to crash on Saturday night, though you can drive
home, or attend just Saturday, or just Sunday, whatever suits your schedule.

If you decide to camp, just bring a pillow and a sleeping bag. :-)

Free T-Shirt with Registration!
--------------------------
Register, and you'll get a cool t-shirt for free:

   http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=1403125149&size=l

IMPORTANT: It's critical that you sign up by Wednesday, September 26th, and
be sure to include your shirt size! Once we take the art and shirt info to
the printer on the 26th, there's no guarantee of getting a t-shirt!

I would love to have you come to BarCamp Milwaukee 2. It's going to be a
great time of learning, sharing and getting to know all kinds of different,
interesting people from Milwaukee and the Midwest. Sign up here:

http://barcampmilwaukee.com/user/register

If you have any questions about the event, send me a note. I'm happy to
provide answers.

--
http://rubygeek.com - my blog featuring: Ruby, PHP and Perl
http://DevChix.com - boys can't have all the fun