[Chicago-announce] Exciting perl events in Chicago this December

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Tue Oct 30 10:30:25 PDT 2007

Hi all,

Two things.

First, Stonehenge is doing a few low-cost open-enrollment Perl
courses this December downtown.  Anyone is welcome to enroll.
The schedule is as follows:

Day courses, 8am to 4pm
---------------
Learning Perl, Dec 10-12,           $750/person
Intermediate Perl, Dec 13-15,       $500/person

Night courses, 6pm to 9pm
---------------
Catalyst, Dec 10-12,                $375/person
Test Driven Development, Dec 13-14, $250/person

Learning Perl and Intermediate Perl will be taught by brian d foy, Test
Driven Development will be taught by Josh McAdams, and I will be
teaching the Catalyst course.

If you're interested in any of the courses, please contact brian to
register (brian.d.foy  AT gmail.com).  Questions are also welcome :)

Secondly, WindyCity.pm is sponsoring a hackathon on the weekend of
December 14-16 (all day Fri-Sun).  It's open-ended, so bring whatever
project you want to work on and get some other people to help you out!
It's a great way to spend some quality time with both your favorite perl
projects and your fellow perl mongers :)

The event is of course free, and it will be on the second floor of the
J.Ira & Nicki Harris Family Hostel (http://www.hichicago.org/).  Food
will be provided :) Finally, if you're coming in from out of town, we've
reserved rooms at the hostel for something like $31/night
(Thursday-Sunday)  Contact me for details.

Please e-mail me directly if you plan on attending or if you have any
questions.  I look forward to seeing you all there!

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway