[Chicago-announce] October 23, 2007: Make Your Own CPAN

Pete Krawczyk mongers at bsod.net
Mon Oct 22 07:58:10 PDT 2007

                   Chicago Perl Mongers Meeting Announcement
       Topic: Make Your Own CPAN
   Presenter: brian d foy
   Date/Time: Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007, 7:00 PM
    Location: Performics, 12th Floor, 180 N. LaSalle, Chicago, IL
        RSVP: By noon on Oct. 23rd to "pkrawczyk" with "doubleclick.com"

Want your own CPAN? Need to add your own modules, take out other modules,
start from scratch, or put it on a CD? With a little bit of knowledge
about how CPAN works you can easily make your own archive that works with
the standard CPAN tools. Want to go home with your own copy of CPAN? Bring
a 1 G thumb drive and we'll make you a copy as you wait.

brian will also be bringing a big pile of random books with him. That pile
includes several recent promotional copies as well as things he doesn't
want on his shelf anymore. Why not bring your unwanted books, too?  We'll
have a book swap. Give a book, take a book.

And, for those that want first crack at the books, give a lightning talk.
You don't need slides or anything fancy. Just get up and talk for 3 to 5
minutes about something you're doing with Perl or that happened in your
Perl development since the last meeting. It's a great way to get used to
talking about a technical topic in front of a friendly audience. brian
will give everyone who gives a lightning talk a free copy of the current
issue of The Perl Review, which currently has a long article on his talk
topic.

Don't forget that everyone is invited to Monks for drinks and food
after the meeting. Anyone who shows up at Monks for their first time
gets a free drink on brian. :)

As with all Chicago Perl Mongers meetings, everyone is welcome,
whether or not you consider yourself a member. We look forward to
seeing you there!

Questions about this meeting?  Ask on the chicago-talk at pm.org mailing
list, or send email to andy at petdance dot com.  You can also see a list
of past and upcoming meetings at http://chicago.pm.org/meetings/.