[Charlotte.PM] Fwd: [CharlotteJS] Charlotte Startup Weekend!

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Apr 30 08:11:45 PDT 2012

Looking for something geeky to do this weekend? Check out the Startup
Weekend. Info from the organizer below:

***

I'm Jim Van Fleet, ex-organizer of the Charlotte Ruby meetup and Linux
User Group.  I also publish the Charlotte Startup Community e-mail
newsletter (http://bitly.com/bigfleet-newsletter).  I've been
co-organizing Charlotte Startup Weekend for about 18 months, and I have
a unique problem this time around.  The team and I have been bringing on
new sponsors and partners.  We've been pounding the pavement putting up
signs to get word out.  I personally have had to use Facebook.
FACEBOOK, PEOPLE.

I am going to be posting this message on every tech board I can find,
and so some of you are going to be reading this joke more than once.  I
am sorry about that.  But I am not sorry about stating that being polite
hasn't worked.  Registration is low.  Our event has historically high
levels of satisfaction across all the thousands of Startup Weekend
events across the globe, but fewer than ever are going to be
experiencing it this time around.

If you have plans this weekend, change them.  If you don't have plans, I
just solved your problem.  Check out
http://charlotte.startupweekend.org/ for more information on how to
register, and a lot more information about why it's a good idea.  I
really hope to see you on Friday night!

Thanks for reading and considering it.

Jim

--
Please Note: If you hit "*REPLY*", your message will be sent to
*everyone* on this mailing list (CharlotteJS-list at meetup.com
<mailto:CharlotteJS-list at meetup.com>)
This message was sent by Nathan Hammond (meetup.com at nathanhammond.com)
from CharlotteJS <http://www.charlottejs.org/>.
To learn more about Nathan Hammond, visit his/her member profile
<http://www.charlottejs.org/members/6221588/>

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668 |
support at meetup.com