[Charlotte.PM] Google Anyone? [ Job Opportunity ]

Diona Kidd diona at studio12a.com
Mon May 7 17:34:20 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I was contacted today by a Google [1] recruiter looking specifically
for Open Source web developers. I also made a contact with the
recruiting staff at Google last year at YAPC [2] during the job fair
and I believe they will be attending YAPC again this year to recruit. *

Since I'm having way too much fun working in our own Open Source web
development firm, Knowmad Technologies, I immediately mentioned our
Perl group. The recruiter is very interested in skilled, Open Source
web developers. Considering they were recruiting at YAPC last year,
I'm sure Perl carries some weight.

If anyone is job hunting or curious and feels they are up to the
Google challenge, please contact me so I can pass the recruiter's
information along to you and introduce you. I imagine that a software
engineer job would require relocation since the Lenoir location of
Google is a data center, but I'm not 100% sure.

Also, I believe the recruiter found me through the Software
Contractor's Guild [3] (and Google'd me). It's a $20 fee to post your
resume at the SCGuild website and has been very beneficial, in my
experience. Even if you're not job hunting, it appears to be a great
place to be represented. I suppose a blog [4] doesn't hurt either. ;)

On another note, Knowmad Technologies is sponsoring and attending
this year's YAPC.

If you haven't made your plans yet...what are you waiting for? The
North American YAPC been a great benefit to both William and I
professionally and personally. We've met some great personalities
(Richard Dice, Randal Schwartz, Larry Wall, Casey West, etc.) and
other exceptional experts from the Perl community, been recruited
from the most innovative online companies (we're not going
anywhere :) and made contacts from all over the globe. Needless to
say, we've very excited to be sponsoring this year's event. Join us
and the rest of the Perl community in Houston, June 24th-27th, and
we'll treat you to lunch or a drink. ;)

* This is my understanding from my conversation with the contact at
Google but is not confirmed by the Perl Foundation or YAPC organizers.

[1] - www.google.com/intl/en/about.html
[2] - http://conferences.mongueurs.net/yn2007/schedule
[3] - http://scguild.org/
[4] - http://www.studio12a.com/