[Charlotte.PM] last night's meeting

Diona Kidd diona at studio12a.com
Fri Jul 20 07:45:38 PDT 2007

We released the new website at http://charlotte.pm.org. You can
register by visiting the 'join' link. Member's are welcome to
contribute. Just ping me for an account upgrade.

Last night's meeting was very productive. William and I thought it
would be good to share the discussion with the group and Kurt was
kind enough to send notes.

Here's the overview of results from the planning meeting.

1) we only have 4 formal technical meetings a year, at least for now
until the group gets bigger.

2) We try to get biz journals to be our main business sponsor, having
our four formal/technical meetings there a year.

3) We get one or two recruiters that are beneficial and socially
compatible to the group to buy the snacks and drinks for these
meetings. In return they can come, hand out business cards meet
people, post jobs to our website etc. These same recruiters are also
welcome to come to any informal social gatherings we might have.

4) We don't ask any money from the recruiters and we ask them to in
turn not give out our phone numbers to other recruiters.

5) We also discussed having speakers come to Charlotte. We need to do
more research on this topic.

6) William is going to respond to Raleigh.pm offering our help for
the YAPC::NA bid for 2008. We'll find out from that what we need to
do to help.

Diona