[Charlotte.PM] Thursday meeting & Randal Schwartz Visit

Diona Kidd diona at studio12a.com
Mon Jul 17 17:45:41 PDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I hope you're planning to attend the Perl Mongers meeting this
Thursday at 7pm. Since the YAPC::NA conference, time has been flying
by! While we were at the conference we met Andy Lester [1], Randal
Schwartz [2], Damian Conway [3], JT Smith [4], plus a gang of other
interesting people.

The conference was as great as expected. The topics were really
useful and the auction at Dave & Busters (kind of like Jillian's
arcade but larger) was so much fun. Items up for auction included
lunch with various perl gurus, including Larry Wall.

Randal has expressed interest in visiting us Aug. 5th for a talk or
workshop. I'd like to get together and discuss topic options to get
an idea of an agenda for his visit. I hope you will come this
Thursday to the meeting so we can discuss over a drink and food.

We are still seeking a venue. A few options are tentative, but if you
have ideas or connections for a nice space, the help would be very
much appreciated.

I also recently met the owner of Cedar St. tavern (near Gateway
Village downtown). She mentioned that she runs specials during the
week on both drink and appetizers. I thought this might be a great
option for our group. All the food is freshly made. If I can get a
head count, I'll try to reserve a table large enough for everyone.

Please let me know if you can make it this Thursday. I look forward
to seeing you all. If I haven't met you yet, please email me
privately and we'll make arrangements so you'll recognize the group.
William is currently on vacation, so he will be unavailable until his
return, Aug. 1st.

Thanks!!

Diona

[1] - http://petdance.com/