[Charlotte.PM] 2006 Planning Meeting

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Thu Jan 5 18:30:44 PST 2006

Happy New Year Perl Mongers,

I hope you've all had a restful and healthful holiday. As we move into
another year, I'd like to take some time to plan where you'd like to see
the group go this year.

Over the last year, interest in the group has grown as more people began
to learn about us. The mailing list now has almost 50 members. Thanks
to support from Red F and Business Journals, we were able to take the
meetings out of the coffee shop and into meeting rooms with overhead
projector and internet access. As a result, the average meeting size
grew from 4 to 8. I'd like to see that number double again this year!

For those of you who are interested in helping to grow the group,
meeting some great folks and talking more about our favorite subjects,
please come out and join us for a planning meeting next week. We'll be
meeting at Hawthorne's New York Pizza[1] at 6:30pm on Monday, Tuesday or
Thursday evening. Please reply to this email with your preferred
meeting day. We'll make a decision over the weekend.

Also, please reserve Jan. 19th for the first meeting of the year. Stay
tuned for the topic and meeting location.

Cheers!
William

[1] http://cityguide.aol.com/charlotte/bars/venue.adp?sbid=133546

--