[Charlotte.PM] September Perl Mongers Meeting - Thursday, September 15th at 7:00pm

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Sep 13 19:34:06 PDT 2005

Charlotte Perl Mongers,

It's meeting time again! Sorry for this last minute notice but the date slipped
up quicker than I expected.

Last month, we had a good turnout and lots of discussion following the meeting.
Thanks to Dale for a great presentation on using CVS for deploying web
applications. There was some discussion about having a social meeting between
the technical meetings. We'll follow-up on that this week.

This month we'll be looking at testing. Developing automated test suites is an
important component of good programming practice. Creating tests for web
applications can be a tricky business. Apache::Test provides a framework for
testing your web applications within a real web environment. Learn how to add
this tool to your application development whether you are developing dynamic or
static HTML pages.

Our meeting this month will be held in south Charlotte at Red-F. See end of
message for directions. Please note the phone numbers. You will need to call if
you are running late so that you can be let into the building.

The October meeting will be hosted by Biz Journals, so we'll be in the
uptown area. Hopefully some of the folks who have not been able to make
it down to South Charlotte will be able to join us.

        See you at the meeting,
        William McKee

  What: September Perl Mongers Meeting

  When: Thursday August 18th, 7:00 pm

  Where: Red-F
         Suite 200, 14120 Ballantyne Corporate Place

For more information, contact William McKee at william at knowmad.com or by
phone at (704) 343-9330. You can also visit our web site at
http://charlotte.pm.org.

Directions to meeting:
485 to Johnson Road. Johnson Road to first stop light (John J Delaney Dr) Right
on Delaney, go 1 block then right onto Brixham Hill Dr.  Go to dead-end, make a
left onto Ballantyne Corporate Place Once on Ballantyne Corporate Place, go to
the second building on the right (you pass a little pond on your right which is
just before the building you need to go into.

The parking lot is in the back of the building, you will have to go past the
building, make a right and then a right again Elevator to the second floor,
right off the elevator into Suite 200.  It is possible the outside doors could
be locked after 7.  So if someone shows up a little late, they will need to
call 704-953-4470 so we can go down and let them in.

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com